G U E S T R E N T A L A G R E E M E N T
- ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE – Check-in begins at 4pm Central time. Check-out time is promptly at 10am Central time. No early-arrivals or late-departures permitted. If the check-out time is not met, a half-day of rent will be charged.
- RESERVATION DEPOSIT – A payment of 25% of the total charges is due at the time of booking. Visa, MasterCard, Discover or E-check are accepted. No guest holds on any reservation will be made without this reservation deposit.
- PAYMENT – The balance of the reservation is due sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date. The final payment is to be made with cash, check, or electronic-check only. If a booking is made within 14 days of arrival, only cleared funds are accepted.
- TRAVEL PROTECTION – In case of certain unforeseen events, you may protect your vacation investment by selecting travel protection provided through RentalGuardian. The protection is optional.
2 Travel Protection plans available:
PLAN 1: STANDARD PROTECTION, 7% (100% refunded for covered reasons)
May be added up until the day before your arrival.
PLAN 2: CANCEL FOR ANY REASON, 9.8% (100% refunded for covered reasons and 60% refunded for all other reasons)
May be added within 14 days of booking.
Details about Travel Protection can be obtained by reviewing the details of coverage at www.diamondgulfrentals.com/guests/travel-protection/
PURCHASE ONLINE AT https://diamondgulfrent.rentalguardian.com or contact a Diamond Gulf Rentals agent.
- CANCELLATION – Cancellation of a reservation will result in a loss of all payments made. Travel protection is highly recommended to protect your investment against certain unforeseen events.
- DAMAGE – Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Guests must lock windows and doors securely when not in the premises. Rearranging the furniture or removing any items from the unit is prohibited. After departure, Property Manager will inspect the unit for damage, missing items, and abnormally dirty appearance. If Property Manager determines that damage is present, items are missing, or the unit is abnormally dirty, Property Manager will repair the damage, replace the missing items, and/or perform a deep clean of the unit at renter’s expense. Guest authorizes Property Manager to charge the credit card on file to reimburse Diamond Gulf Rentals for any such expenses. Protection against damage is required. Guests may choose an Accidental Damage Protection or a Damage Deposit:
- ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION – As a part of your stay, you may purchase a vacation rental damage protection plan through PAC7 via RentalGuardian designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500. Any damages that exceed $1,500 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1,500. Damagesmust be reported prior to checkout. Certain terms and conditions apply. Read more details in the Damage Protection Addendum at the end of this agreement.
If you do not wish to purchase the vacation rental damage protection, a $2,000 damage deposit will be required prior to check-in (see next section).
- REFUNDABLE DAMAGE DEPOSIT – A damage deposit of $2,000.00 may be elected and is in addition to rent. It is fully refundable within 14 days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the property or its contents
- No contraband or pets during the stay
- All debris and garbage in the house and around the pool area are placed in garbage cans
- No bonfires or open flame on the rental property
- Dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned
- All keys and garage door openers remain in the property
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure
- Linens are not lost or damaged
- Late check-out does not occur
- The guest is not evicted by the Property Manager or the local law enforcement
- Rental is left in a neat and orderly condition and is not excessively dirty requiring additional cleaning / housekeeping staff
- No violations of rental, county or association policies
- Maximum occupancy is not exceeded
- An event or wedding is not held without written permission from the Property Manager
- ACCESS DEVICES – If any property keys, fobs, garage door openers or any other item provided to access the property are lost, stolen or not returned upon departure, a $50 fee will be charged per item.
- WEDDINGS / EVENTS – All weddings or events must be pre-approved by Property Manager. An event fee, based on the property will be assessed for any weddings or events. All events must meet County restrictions, Homeowners Association restrictions and follow noise restrictions. The guests are responsible for any permits necessary for beach weddings. There is a maximum number of people permitted to be on the property for a wedding/event. This number will be established by Property Manager based on the property. Violations may result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of payments made. An Event Addendum that details the guidelines specific to the property will be required to be signed in addition to this Agreement.
- PROPERTY SELECTIONS – Diamond Gulf Rentals appreciates that its luxury accommodations offer different appointments, designs and layouts, and that reservation holders want the peace of mind that they will stay in the specific units they selected. Accordingly, we will reserve for you the specific unit selected at the time of your reservation upon the receipt of your deposit and signed Agreement. Subject to availability for maintenance, owner usage, or other issues that may render the accommodations unsuitable for rental, and/or subject to the property remaining as a Diamond Gulf Rentals accommodation at the time of the stay, guests will be placed in the specific unit set forth in their Agreement, or otherwise provided with a full refund or an opportunity to stay in an equivalently priced accommodation if available. Notwithstanding Diamond Gulf Rentals’ efforts, if the specific unit reserved is unavailable for any reason, guests will be limited to a full refund or similar accommodation at their election. In no event will Diamond Gulf Rentals be responsible for any direct or indirect costs, expenses, fees or other consequential damages resulting from the unavailability of a specific accommodation.
- PETS – Pets are NOT ALLOWED in most properties. Pets are only allowed in pet-friendly properties, with restrictions, and guests must get pre-approval with Diamond Gulf Rentals in advance and pay a non-refundable pet fee. Guests who violate this policy will be charged an additional $500, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of payments made.
- NO SMOKING – Smoking is NOT ALLOWED in any property. Guests who violate this policy will be charged an additional $500, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of payments made.
- MINIMUM STAY – All of our properties require a three (3) night minimum stay. Longer stays may be required during peak seasons and holidays. One week minimum stays apply at some properties during peak and holiday periods, with Saturday arrival and Saturday departure.
- MAXIMUM GUESTS – The maximum number of guests per accommodation is based on the individual property’s occupancy rating. For liability and safety, the maximum occupancy may not be exceeded. Violations may result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of payments made.
- MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS – All properties require a minimum guest age of twenty-five (25) years old. No units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults under the age of 25 unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian at a ratio of four (4) young adult to one (1) guardian. A parent or guardian must be staying in the unit at all times. Proof of age may be required from all guests prior to arrival. Guests who violate this policy are subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments. In accordance with Florida State Chapter, reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be allowed or guests will be asked to vacate the accommodations. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay.
- NO SUBLETTING – The property may not be sublet. Your reservation is not transferable to any other party.
- HOUSEKEEPING – Your property will be cleaned to our quality standards prior to your arrival and after your departure. Upon arrival, if you find the quality of cleaning is not to your standards, please notify us the same day of arrival for our team to resolve any issues. You will be responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. We respectfully request that you remember that you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own. If units are found abnormally dirty at check-out, additional charges will be charged to your credit card to assist in performing a deep cleaning of the unit. All stays will be subject to a cleaning fee. Additional cleanings can be arranged during your stay for an additional fee.
- DEPARTURE – In order to avoid any additional cleaning charges: wash the dishes and leave the property in a neat and orderly condition. A $75 garbage removal fee will be assessed if garbage is not removed from the house at time of departure.
- BEACH TOWELS – Please bring beach and/or pool towels. We do not allow the property’s bath towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
- MAINTENANCE – During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to Diamond Gulf Rentals. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
- HURRICANE POLICY – Travel Protection is recommended for best coverage resulting in a “Mandatory Evacuation” resulting from a hurricane or severe weather. Guests may be entitled to a refund or partial refund in the event that a governing office issues a “Mandatory Evacuation” order for the location of your rental property. For cancellations or shortened stays due to anticipated hurricanes, tropical storms or other inclement weather, refunds will not be issued.
- RESPECT FOR THE PROPERTY – Please remember you are staying in someone's home during your vacation. Please treat it with care and leave it in good condition at checkout.
- PROPERTY RULES AND REGULATIONS – Please observe all rules and regulations governing the use of the property and neighborhood you are occupying. These rules apply to both owners and guests, and failure to comply may result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of payments made.
- SWIMMING POOL POLICY – Diving or jumping into the pool may result in head, neck, or spinal injuries. The renter accepts all risk of the pool and specifically agrees that no minor will swim unaccompanied by an adult. Pools have electrical/mechanical components. These components can sometimes malfunction. The Homeowner and its Vendors cannot be held responsible for a malfunctioning pool. Please inform us as soon as possible if the pool is not working properly. No compensation will be given for a malfunctioning pool heater. The Homeowner and its Vendors will do everything in its power to rectify any problems with malfunctioning equipment as quickly as possible. A daily fee, specific to the property rented is required to heat the pool. Pools will not be heated if the outside temperatures is lower than 45 degrees.
- BICYCLE LIABILITY – By signing the Agreement, guests who rent units that provide complementary bicycle further agree to the express terms, conditions and waivers set forth in the attached Bike Waiver and Damage Addendum.
- LIABILITY –
- Homeowners of this property are not liable for loss, damage of property, injury to the guests during their stay on the premises.
- Guest will release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the owners of this property, its officers, staff, agents, or employees for any liability, claim and or cause of action arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury, including death that may be sustained by me or to any property belonging to me arising out of use of the house or property.
- Guest will defend, indemnify and hold Diamond Gulf Rentals (including its members, officers, and employees), harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of suit) incurred by Diamond Gulf Rentals as a result of or arising out of the breach of this Agreement by guest, except to the extent such claims, demands and actions arise from the negligence or willful misconduct of Diamond Gulf Rentals. The indemnified party shall promptly notify the indemnifying party of any such claim and shall, at the request and expense of the indemnifying party, cooperate in the investigation and defense of such claim.
- SEVERABILITY – If any term or provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement.
- ACCEPTANCE – By making payment for this reservation, staying in the property and/or signing electronically, guest agrees to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
A C C I D E N T A L D A M A G E P R O T E C T I O N A D D E N D U M
Guests who have paid a non-refundable Accidental Damage Protection fee prior to checking in to a property will not be obligated to pay the first $1,500 in accidental damages, subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below. This accidental damage protection is not insurance. It is a non-refundable, one-time charge per reservation that covers accidental damage reported by the guest prior to check-out for guests who have complied with the Agreement. In exchange for the payment of the Damage Protection fee and the execution of this Agreement, which incorporates the terms of this limited waiver clause, Property Manager hereby waives the right to charge the guest for any reported damages to the Property that result from the guests' accidental or inadvertent acts or omissions during the duration of their stay for damages up to but not exceeding $1,500 (hereinafter “Damage Limit Amount”).
Guests are responsible for any damages or losses in excess of the Damage Limit Amount, as well as any damages or losses excluded from the terms herein.
Conditions & Limitations
The Accidental Damage Protection policy has certain conditions, limitations and exclusions. This Damage Protection fee will not waive the guest's liability for:
- Intentional acts or omissions, abuse or neglect by a guest or a guest's invitee.
- Negligence or gross negligence. This includes any damages to the property caused by acts or omissions that could have been foreseen by a reasonable person including damages resulting in any additional cleaning and/or maintenance costs.
- Any damage which the guest does not report immediately to Property Manager prior to checking out of the property;
- Theft that results from guest’s failure to lock or secure the premises or property, including items such as bikes.
- Damages, additional cleaning costs or additional maintenance costs caused by an animal allowed on or in the property by guest or guest’s invitee, including any service or emotional support animals
- Damages resulting from unauthorized smoking on or in a property by guest or guest’s invitee.
- Damage to a golf cart provided with the rental property.
- Loss or Damage in excess of the Damage Limit Amount.
- Loss or Damage to any personal property of guest or guest’s invitee.
The policy applies only to the direct physical loss or damage to covered property. It does not cover loss of use of such property.
When a guest provides notice to Property Manager prior to check-out of accidental or inadvertent damage to the property, Property Manager will investigate the damage to determine whether the damage appears to have been caused by accidental or inadvertent actions, and to determine the nature and extent of the damages and the necessity for and costs of the repairs or replacements. Such determination shall be made in the sole and absolute discretion of Property Manager provided there is some reasonable basis for making such a determination. Property Manager has ultimate claim administration authority.
B I C Y C L E L I A B I L I T Y & D A M A G E A D D E N D U M
The following terms apply to the use of any bicycles provided at one of Diamond Gulf Rentals’ properties:
- The person responsible for renting through Diamond Gulf Rentals (who executes this Agreement via their electronic signature) (hereinafter "Operator") assumes complete liability for the care of and use of any complementary bicycles provided during their stay, and assumes full liability and responsibility for ensuring adherence to the rules and safety information provided herein.
- Operator expressly acknowledges and agrees that operating a bicycle involves the risk of serious bodily injury or death, and/or property damage and hereby assumes such risk knowingly and voluntarily.
- In consideration of being permitted to ride the bicycles provided, Operator does for themselves, their guests, their heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby release and forever discharge Diamond Gulf Rentals, their owners, agents, employees and assigns, as well as the owners of the rental property and their assigns, from any and every claim, demand, action or right or action of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries, known or unknown, death or property damage resulting, or to result, from any accident that may occur and any activities in the operation of the bicycles whether by negligence or otherwise that result in injury or damage.
- Operator also hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Diamond Gulf Rentals, its owners, agents, employees and assigns, as well as the Owners of the rental property and their assigns, from and against any claims or suits made or filed by anyone who rides the bicycles provided to Operator through this Agreement (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of suit).
- Rules of the road apply when bicycles are being ridden. Guests will obey all local, state and federal regulations regarding the operation of this equipment on public traffic ways, parking lots, and in public areas, including but not limited to:
- A bicycle rider or passenger (including a child who is riding in a trailer or semitrailer attached to a bicycle) who is under 16 years of age must wear a bicycle helmet that is properly fitted and is fastened securely upon the passenger’s head.
- Children under 4 years of age, or who weigh 40 pounds or less, must be in a seat or carrier that is designed to carry a child of that age or size and that secures and protects the child from the moving parts of the bicycle.
- A bicycle rider may not allow a passenger to remain in a child seat or carrier on a bicycle when the rider is not in immediate control of the bicycle.
- Please always ride in the lane marked for bicycle use if one is available.
- Because the bicycles provided are not equipped with the statutorily required lighting sufficient to allow riding in the dark, no riding between sunset and sunrise is permitted.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for ensuring that minor children are in compliance with these safety guidelines.
- Operator agrees to properly secure the bicycles at all times to avoid theft, damage or unauthorized use. This includes ensuring that all bikes are locked and properly secured when they are ridden to another location. Every bike should come with a lock. If a bike is lost during your stay, or stolen, your credit card or checking account on file will be charged $350.00. The accidental damage protection policy is for the property and does not apply to theft or damage of the bicycles.
- Operator agrees that the bicycles will only be left at his/her rental property overnight and not at any other locations.
With your electronic signature to this Agreement, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to this Bike Liability Waiver and Damage Addendum. You are also stating that you, your family, your guests, or anyone that utilizes the bicycles from your reserved rental property has read, understands, and agrees to this Bike Liability Waiver and Damage Addendum and holds Diamond Gulf Rentals and the owner of the rental property you are staying in completely harmless and free of any and all liability that may arise from use of the bicycles as provided above.